The summer is not over yet! If you haven’t had the chance to go on vacation, August is the month for you. Being a true crypto-enthusiast, you will probably want to travel in style — spending crypto all the way. To make your planning easier, we made a list of crypto-friendly travel services that will help you organize your perfect crypto holiday.
The world has come a long way in providing crypto-friendly travel services. You can choose among multiple platforms that offer everything from flights and accommodations to complete holiday packages, activities, and business trip bookings. Here are our top five selections:
Travala.com: The world’s leading blockchain-based travel booking platform that connects travelers with one of the world’s largest selections of places to stay, including hotels, apartments, villas, and hostels to 5-star luxury resorts. Their platform currently offers 2,200,000+ properties covering 90,124 dy estinations in 230 countries and territories, with prices up to 40% cheaper than mainstream travel booking platforms.
The platform incorporates blockchain technology, multiple cryptocurrencies and traditional payment options, and tokenized incentives tied to their native cryptocurrency AVA.
Ariva.World: The travel and tourism network connects travelers with tourism service providers offering ticket and accommodation bookings as well as an online shop — all accepting cryptocurrencies. One of its features is also a travel review blog, which rewards its authors’ contributions with crypto.
The portal is integrating GoCrypto’s services as we speak, which means it will soon support two of the biggest crypto wallets in the world, Binance Pay and Bitcoin.com Wallet, as well as GoCrypto’s own Elly Wallet. Users of Ariva.World services will be able to pay for their vacations and other available services in more than 50 different cryptocurrencies from anywhere in the world.
Destinia: The platform offers users the chance to book flights, hotels, cars, trains, skiing, airport lounges, buses, airport transfers, and other activities. Supported cryptocurrencies are mBTC or Bitcoin.
Expedia: Expedia is one of the world’s leading full-service online travel brands helping travelers easily plan and book their whole trip with the widest selection of vacation packages, flights, hotels, vacation rentals, rental cars, cruises, activities, attractions, and services. It accepts Bitcoin for hotel bookings only.
Bitcoin.travel: The travel site operates like a travel agency that connects other platforms to present a list of flights and hotel bookings and allows the users to compare the reviews, prices, and more and book according to their convenience. Websites that are linked to Bitcoin.travel platform accept all digital currency.
The list of crypto-friendly travel booking providers is long and interesting. Among other prominent services are also: TravelX, CheapAir, AirBaltic, Surf Air, WebJet Exclusives, aBitSky, Berkeley Travel, ETravelSmart, and of course, Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic which can take you to space in exchange for a sizable bitcoin payment.
To make your crypto summer adventure complete, select one of the most crypto-friendly destinations and enjoy all the perks that crypto payments have to offer. Here are the top 5 destinations where you’ll be able to freely spend your digital assets:
1. Ljubljana, Slovenia: The green Alpine country in central Europe boasts its title as the most crypto-friendly travel destination in the world. Thanks to GoCrypto, crypto payments are well integrated into a rich selection of services across the entire country, with more than 1300 venues that accept over 50 different cryptocurrencies. The capital city of Ljubljana stands out the most, as you can literally find a crypto-friendly merchant on every step of the way. Plus, it’s also home to the first Bitcoin City in the world!
2. Prague, Czech Republic: One of the most beautiful European cities has an impressive number of merchants accepting cryptocurrency for payment. From restaurants and nightclubs to public transportation and accommodation services, you will be able to pay in crypto throughout your stay.
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina: The capital of the beautiful South American country is working hard on its digital asset adoption. Tourists can use their cryptos to pay for accommodation, nightlife events, and fine dining experiences. The rich cultural heritage, beautiful landscape, and nightlife vibes combined with crypto will make you want to stay there forever.
4. Tokyo, Japan: Crypto payments are accepted at hundreds of iconic Tokyo destinations. World-renowned restaurants and bars, shops, and luxury and high-tech capsule hotels live and breathe the crypto culture. It is definitely the most crypto-friendly country in Asia and ranks high on the global scale as well.
5. New York, USA: One of the most iconic cities in the world tops the list of most crypto-friendly destinations to visit in the United States. Spend your crypto funds on a shopping spree, fine dining, or at one of the notorious nightclubs. In New York, the possibilities are truly endless.
The actual number of crypto-friendly destinations is growing fast and deciding which to put on a list is becoming a difficult task. But this can only be viewed as a positive signal that crypto adoption is on the fast lane towards the mainstream. We can only imagine what crypto novelties next summer will bring! For now, book your dream crypto-friendly holiday and enjoy every moment of it!
Join the GoCrypto community on Telegram!